Sovereign is a hunting and survival game designed to be a relaxing experience. Similar to real life sport hunting the challenge in Sovereign comes from actually hitting your target. Difficulty is left to the game player in that you can walk up and smack your target with an arrow at close range, but it's more challenging and rewarding to take your time and nail that target from a good distance. The choice is yours.
Sovereign also adds the additional element of survival and inventory management. You must keep yourself alive by collecting food from the animals that you kill and retrieve items such as wood to create new arrows so the hunt can continue. Sovereign is an enjoyable game to work on so I expect to continue development of this game by adding additional environments, animals and features as time progresses so check back!
New in version 1.3:
- New animal: Meloch.
- Smard and Gooba always yield at least some food.
- Improved AI object avoidance.
- Improved arrow collision on slower systems.
- Antidote is now stored in a jar.
- In game tutorial.
- You can now sprint short distances.
- Fire and poison enhancements have an area of effect.
- New Heads Up Display.
- New Inventory and container screens.
- Invert mouse option.
- Left/Right shift keys are now available for mapping.
New in version 1.2:
- Two new environments, The Cavern and The Great Passage.
- Four new collectible items: Sand, Flint, Poison and Oil.
- One new buildable item: Jars are created with wood, flint and sand. Use jars to store poison or oil.
- Upgrade your arrows with fire or poison.
- The mouse wheel can be used to swap between arrows.
- A variety of new sound fx including a different sound when arrows hit animals as opposed to inanimate objects.
- The inventory now contains a key to help you determine what is needed to create specific items.
- Windowed mode is now supported.
- A resolution dialog displays during Sovereign startup. This menu can be disabled.
- Arrow selection keys can be mapped through the options menu.
- Options for amount of pixel lamps and particle detail in the display options menu.
New in version 1.1:
- One new environment, The Oasis.
- Two new species to hunt, the smard and reemen.
- One new collectible item, antidote can be collected from male reemen and is used to cure a toxin emitted from female reemen.
- New sky textures.
- Modifications to resource yields.
- New slider graphics that more appropriately match the GUI color scheme.
- The escape key can now be used to exit container screens.
- Mouse sensitivity setting now present in the control options menu.
- Items can now be discarded from your satchel via the inventory screen.
- The control options menu no longer shifts position while editing key configurations.