TEdit version 2.2.1 is a simple text (*.txt) editor for mobile devices running Android version 4.0 or higher. TEdit comes complete with a built-in file browser for easy file access and allows for multiple files to be open simultaneously.
For older devices running Android 2.0 or higher try version 1.02 available under "Archive."
- Fixed a crash on devices in which the external storage state was unmounted or otherwise unreadable.
- Changed the save as hotkey from ctrl+alt+s to ctrl+shift+s.
- Added hotkeys to the Editor help dialog.
- The TEdit browser now allows the user to browse Root, Internal and SDCard storage volumes.
- The browser will now display files without an extension. Upon selecting one of these files the contents of the file are quickly checked to determine if it is a text or binary file. If the file is determined to be binary the user is prompted as to whether they still want to attempt to open the file.
- Hotkeys ctrl+s and ctrl+alt+s have been added so users on devices with physical keyboards can quickly save and save as.
- The text editor now has a search and replace feature allowing users to search for words and phrases and replace those words and phrases with other words and phrases. This feature allows the user to select whether the search results should contain only whole words and/or words that match fully the uppercase/lowercase state of the search phrase.
- A new coffee shop theme complete with a new logo and icon.
- Various bug fixes and improvements.
-TEdit now makes extensive effort to open and display the contents of files sent to it via an open request from external appliactions sucha as a file manager.
-TEdit will now display the contents of a file sent to it even if the user denies write permission. TEdit will again ask for write permission upon attempting to save the document.
-Fixed a bug that would prevent TEdit from opening files sent to it from some external applications.
-A new icon provided by a Mr. David Mind.
-TEdit now allows to save files with no extension.
-TEdit will now prevent a user from moving to a secure parent directory if navigating back to unsecure public storage will become impossible as a result.
-TEdit now prompts users to grant external storage permissions if they are not already granted.
-Scroll position is now saved and restored when switching between open files and when navigating away from and returning to the app.
-The path display when opening or saving a file is now horizontally scrollable when the path is longer than the available display space.
-Changed the space required to swipe close a text file in the Tabs view from 64 to 24 density independent pixels.
-Added checks to determine if a file is being opened from protected space and therefore in read-only mode.
-Added checks to see if an attempt is being made to save a file to protected space.
-Animations are now hardware accelerated.
-Fixed a crash when attempting to load TEdit with no available public storage.